Meet Dean Burnetti
The Central Florida Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Dean Burnetti Law provide professional Medical Malpractice, Medical Negligence, and Dental Malpractice Attorney Legal Services in Polk County, including: Lakeland, Auburndale, Bartow, Haines City, Lake Wales, Mulberry, Polk City, and Winter Haven; in Hillsborough County, including: Brandon, Tampa, Riverview, Valrico, and Plant City; in Pinellas County, including: Clearwater, St. Pete, Gulfport, Treasure Island, Largo, Oldsmar, Treasure Island; as well as in all of the surrounding Greater Central Florida Areas.
MEET DEAN BURNETTI:
Attorney Dean Burnetti has been providing injured Floridians with active, powerful, and effective legal representation for 35 years. He recognizes when a case should be settled without court-intervention; and he knows when going to trial will produce the largest reward. He’s not afraid by the mighty insurance companies and doesn’t back down when a case needs to go to trial.
In 1976, Dean moved to Florida from his birthplace in Elgin, Illinois following a detour in Oklahoma to study seminary. Here, he earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Warner University then returned to Oklahoma and attended law school. He graduated from Oral Roberts University in 1986. After returning to Florida, he soon passed the entrance exam to The Florida Bar.
From the beginning of his legal career, Dean focused on assisting workplace injury victims. He immersed himself in studying Florida’s workplace laws, and only six years after becoming an attorney, he aced the difficult test that allowed him to become Florida Bar Board Certified in Workers’ Compensation.
Shortly after the new millennium, Dean expanded his practice to represent all accident victims. Once more, he studied and learned all he could about civil litigation and laws outside of the Work Comp arena. Subsequently, in 2013, he again passed the Florida Bar’s extensive test and became Florida Bar Board Certified in Civil Trial Law.
From his first job as a lawyer through 2013, at every firm where Dean worked, he was a named partner and/or co-owner. In 2013, he took a hiatus from law firm ownership to concentrate on starting a his own law firm. In February of 2015, Dean opened the doors to Dean Burnetti Law where he specializes in helping all types of injury victims.
DOUBLE FLORIDA BAR BOARD CERTIFICATION:
Because Dean is Florida Bar Board Certified in both Civil Trial Law and Workers’ Compensation Law, the Florida Bar recognizes him as a specialist in these areas. Florida’s Board-Certified lawyers are the only attorneys in the state allowed by the Florida Bar to call themselves “specialists” or “experts” in their field of certification.
Board Certified attorneys must pass examinations every five years to maintain their Certified status. In addition to regular examinations, they must complete a certain amount of continuing legal education annually to maintain their certification. An estimated 7% of attorneys actively practicing law in Florida are actually Board Certified. However, only a mere fraction of those have the distinct honor of being Double Board Certified like Dean.
Dean Burnetti is actually ONE OF ONLY FOUR attorneys in all of Florida who holds Florida Bar Board Certifications in the combined areas of Civil Trial Law and Workers’ Compensation Law!
- Oklahoma Baptist Seminary Pastoral Ministries – 1980
- Warner Southern College, B.A. – 1983
- Majored in Psychology and Biblical Studies
- Oral Roberts University O.W. Coburn School of Law – J.D. – 1986
DEAN’S LICENSES AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Admittance to the Florida Bar, 1986
- Board Certified Workers’ Compensation, 1992
- Board Certified Civil Trial, 2013
- U.S. District Court Common Middle District of Florida
- Florida Justice Association
ABOUT DEAN PERSONALLY:
Dean and his wife, Patti, have been married for over 45 years. They live in Auburndale, Florida. Their two daughters have grown and married, and between them, they have given Dean and Patti twelve beautiful grandchildren. Besides immersing himself in charity work that involves improving the lives of children, Dean also enjoys the following hobbies:
- Dean is an active member of his church.
- He loves reading and studying the Bible.
- And he constantly searches for new ways to share the Word of the Lord.
- Dean has explored Africa extensively. (He’s even preached at African missionary churches!)
- He’s traveled extensively throughout Italy, France, and Mexico, plus countless cities across America.
- When the weather’s nice, you can often find Dean bicycling around his Auburndale neighborhood.
- Playing his guitars and piano
- Dean even resumed piano lessons when the pandemic started.
- (He sings well, too!)
- Following the Tampa Bay Rays
- During baseball season, his wife even paints her nails Rays blue!
- Playing with his dogs, especially his little Chihuahua, Sesena, who he adopted in 2016.
- (He likes to dress her in Rays gear.)
- Adding to his vintage Boy Scout memorabilia collection
- As a boy, Dean loved Scouting; and he still owns much of his original Boy Scout gear. Today, he carefully selects vintage Boy Scout memorabilia to add to his extensive collection. Doing so brings back nostalgic memories of a simpler time in life that helped develop his unyielding faith in God.
Our Statement of Faith
We declare that Jesus Christ is the Lord of all. That the Holy Spirit abides in the midst of all within our halls. That the power of prayer is our shield and sword.
We declare that Christ is the cornerstone of this firm.
Lakeland: (863) 287-6388
Brandon: (813) 287-6388
Clearwater: (813) 287-6388